The winter might be here and thinking about an air conditioner is probably the last thing on your mind. However, an air conditioner is a useful addition to your home when the summer months come along and it can mitigate the heat that you have to deal with. Instead of a built-in conditioner, the portable conditioner is much easier to use.
In this article, we will be looking at the Haier HPP08XCR 8000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with a power output of 8000 BTU, it is sure to cool down any room in your home. While air conditioning units are expensive, this review should allow you to see if the unit is worth your money and time for the coming summer months.
- Haier HPP08XCR 8000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Technical Specifications:
- Review Of The Haier HPP08XCR 8000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Drain A Haier Portable Air Conditioner?
- Instruction Manual
Haier HPP08XCR 8000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Technical Specifications:
- Cools rooms of up to 200 square feet
- 8000 BTU power output
- Features 3 cooling speeds to choose from
- 24-hour timer
- Extended window kit for installation
- 51-pound total weight
- Durable wheels to move it around
- Works instantly
- Includes a dehumidifier mode
Review Of The Haier HPP08XCR 8000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
Haier is a top brand when it comes to air conditioning units. The brand might be a bit expensive, but the quality of the construction is top of the range. One of the leading products they sell is the Haier HPP08XCR 8000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with a cooling range of up to 200 square feet, making it ideal for medium-sized rooms.
The unit has a massive power output of 8000 BTU and this is power by only 120-volts that will reduce the energy consumption in your home. With 3 different cooling modes, you can choose to alternate between the fan and the solid cooling system. An easy-to-use console will indicate all of the options to ensure that you make the correct decisions.
One of the top features is that you can disassemble almost the entire unit. The removable mesh feature will filter most of the air as it passes through. Once you remove the filter, you can wash it by hand or under some water. All of the components that come loose on the unit can be washed, but we recommend only using water to rinse it off.
As for the setup, the unit is portable with wheels. It comes with a 6-inch power cord that can be extended with an extension. A window kit is also extended if you don’t want to place it near your windows, making it much easier to set up in larger rooms. To move it around, you simply need to use the wheels attached.
Lastly, a remote control is part of the package, allowing the user to operate the system from a fair distance. The remote control features all of the same functions that you have on the control panel. Unfortunately, 51-pounds might be a bit heavy to move around, especially when you need to reconnect the window kit.
- Easy to set up
- Extended window kit setup
- Components can be removed for cleaning
- Includes a remote control
- Cools rooms up to 200 square feet
- Reasonable price tag
- Generates a lot of noise
- Heavy to move around
Frequently Asked Questions
The Haier HPP08XCR 8000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner is one of the most affordable options on the market today. However, there are a few questions that many people might have with regards to the features.
We have tried to find as many of these features and answer some of the questions. Now, you can set it up and cool your room with ease:
Why Does My Haier Air Conditioner Say Stop?
What’s Included In The Box?
Where To Buy Haier Portable Air Conditioner?
How To Drain A Haier Portable Air Conditioner?
Unfortunately, most air conditioner units will accumulate some moisture on the inside. You will need to drain the unit when you want to move or clean it. If you have never drained an air conditioner unit, it could be daunting. However, here are a couple of steps that you can take to ensure that you have it drained:
- Move the unit to a drain or sink: Since a lot of water will come out of the unit, the drain is your best option to get rid of water. However, a drain pan or bucket will also work.
- Find the drain hose: A drain hose is connected to the unit with direct access to all the moisture. You need to locate the plug and open it up.
- Connect the drain plug when done: You might still find some moisture in the unit and you need to reconnect the drain plug to ensure that you don’t spill it everywhere.
You can download the instruction manual below or access it directly here.
A quality air conditioning unit is hard to find, especially if you don’t intend to pay a lot of money. The Haier HPP08XCR 8000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner is one of the most affordable options on the market today. We would recommend it for smaller rooms with windows close by, to get rid of the hot air.
This article was last updated on February 8, 2021 .